Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cadillac Taste On A Ford Budget

Dior Patent Pumps $520

Oscar de la Renta Jacket $2,190
Oscar de la Renta Tweed Pants $990
Alexander Mcqueen Dress $1,670
Dior Deco Platform Pumps $670
Dior Sunglasses $290


Yes the above is so true. i had never heard this saying (see title) until last Friday at the mall. We were in Nordstrom and my mema(kinda like my grandmother) picked up a pair of shoes that she liked and put them down after she saw the price which she did a couple times and she said that she has "a Cadillac taste and a ford budget" which is kind of ironic because she does have a Cadillac and I don't think she's ever had a ford. Well needless to say it has stuck on since it is so true!! At least about me and most people I know.
Well c ya guys later!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This saying has been around a long time. There are many incarnations of it.


I love the jacket and dress. Nice taste, Cadillac Girl!

WendyB said...

Champagne taste on a beer budget is another version.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Kiki

thank you very much for the comment you left on 16 diaries.
RomanY is a wonderful person i do appreciate.

i do appreciate that my street styles photos gives you more than ever the desire to come in Paris
i just want to humanize fashion by showing that real people are more stylish and real life (in Paris) more beautiful than the fashion shows !
isn't it ?

Welcome to Paris !

i wish you a great evening and lot of happiness.

and if you need some photos, be my guest !

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris